Restorative Dentistry In Melbourne
There are a number of innovative treatment options from iSmile Studio that can revitalise and rejuvenate your smile.
Restorations can restore fractured or decayed teeth to their full function and appearance.
- Fillings are the most common type of dental restoration. Teeth can be filled tooth-coloured porcelain or composite resin fillings
- Crowns are placed over a tooth to restore its shape and size, strength and appearance. They are also used to secure a bridge in place or cover a dental implant
- Bridges are prosthetic teeth designed to “bridge” the gap created by one or more missing teeth. Bridges can be secured on either side by crowns or by dental implants
- Inlays / Onlays are made from ceramics or composite resin. An inlay is a smaller restoration that sits in the tooth, while an only is a restoration that covers a larger proportion of the tooth
- Implants are a small titanium screw placed into the jawbone as a replacement for a missing tooth root. The dental implant is covered with a crown or bridge
- Dentures are a removable replacement for missing teeth. They are made of acrylic resin sometimes combined with metal attachments. Complete dentures replace all the teeth; partial dentures are considered when some natural teeth remain and are retained by metal clasps attached to the natural teeth.