In the midst of Melbourne’s cold, dark and viral winter, the master of mind-body medicine, physician trained in brain chemistry Deepak Chopra is coming to town to run the Neuroscience of Enlightenment conference.
His message is clear: aim for SUPER HEALTH by making careful lifestyle choices.
According to Chopra:
Deepak Chopra rests his foundations of Well-being on 6 supporting columns:
1: GOOD DIET
A diet aimed at reduction of inflammation linked to chronic disease and obesity
- Add prebiotics such as oats, bran, bananas, not strained fresh orange juice
- Include probiotics for gut health for example active yogurt, pickles and sauerkraut
- Aim to eat fresh unprocessed food
- Limit snacking to measured portions
- Be mindful eater-eat only when hungry and stop once full
- Be continuously active throughout the day, aim to devote half of lunch break to movement
Good quality sleep is vital for health and well-being.
Sleep disorders have been linked to chronic disease such as high blood pressure, unstable diabetes, Alzheimer’s etc.
- Relax and wind down before sleep in dark and comfortable surroundings
- Control stress by reducing multitasking and try to do one thing at a time
- Attempt to leave work on time and do not bring work home.
- Neutralise negative emotions by adopting positive outlook
Try to form a routine
- Meditate daily for 10 min
- Take 10min of your lunch break to sit alone outdoors with eyes shut.
- Join meditation group
- Take control of your feelings, because well-being depends upon happiness
- Write a list of things that make you happy and do at least one of them on daily basis.
These changes, according to Chopra, one small step at a time, may help you to boost wellness and delay genetic ageing, which is the subject of his latest book ‘Super Genes’. Deepak has collaborated with Prof.Rudolf E.Tanzi, a global authority on genetics to present a bold update on our genes.
Empowering and inspiring stuff, lets listen and learn to become enlightened Super Humans…